MANCHESTER (Sporting Alert) — Manchester United is on the verge of signing target man Wesley Sneijder if he accepts personal terms with the English Premier League champions, reports in England are claiming.
According to the Daily Mirror, Inter Milan accepted a “£30million-plus” offer United made at the weekend and the deal could be completed sometime this week.
It is believed that the only thing holding up Sneijder’s move is personal terms.
United, reports are saying, is unable to match the player’s wage demands he enjoys while playing for the Italian giants.
But Manchester United, reports said are ready to stretch their pay structure and offer Sneijder a £190,000-a-week salary.
However, the Dutch World Cup star is not willing to take a pay cut – something that could keep him away from Old Trafford.
And United rivals Manchester City can match whatever Sneijder asked for and made an inquiry about the player.
The midfielder, though, is reportedly not interested in joining the oil-rich club, with claims suggesting that he would rather move to work with Sir Alex Ferguson.
Sneijder is seen as the man United want to replace the retired Paul Scholes – and they are many, including United legend, David Beckham – who are urging him to move to England.
Get the latest happenings: Follow us on Facebook
@sportingalert on Twitter Follow us for the latest news and starting line-ups on Twitter
Incoming search terms:
- wesley sneidjer (100)
- Wesley sneider (54)
- sneijder to united (40)
- Sneidjer (39)
- wesley snijder (31)
- wesley sneijder to man utd (31)
- man united wesley sneijder (26)
- Golden State v Pelicans Game 1: Box Score, Video Highlights - 2015/04/18
- Rose Ready To Go, Hinrich OUT: Bulls v Bucks Live Playoffs - 2015/04/18
- Chelsea Start Favourites To Beat Manchester United? - 2015/04/17
- Transfer: Clyne To Man United Done Deal? - 2015/04/16
- Pacers-Wizards on TNT; Clippers-Suns on TNT Overtime - 2015/04/14