MANCHESTER (Sporting Alert) — Manchester City collected a valuable win on the final day to lift the Barclays Premier League title on Sunday.
Down 2-1 heading into stoppage time, Manchester City scored two late goals to win the game 3-2 and win the title by having a better goal-difference than Manchester United after both sides ended with 89 points apiece.
Arsenal beat West Bromwich 3-2 to finish third and copped the final automatic Champions League slot, while Tottenham, who beat Fulham 2-0 will have to wait to see if their fourth place finish will be enough to earn them a qualifying slot.
Manchester United defeat Sunderland 1-0 and looked well set to lift the crown before City’s late performance.
Chelsea, which finished sixth in the league, can take the fourth and final place with victory in the final of the Champions League against Bayern Munich.
Full time scores from Sunday’s Premier League Games.
Chelsea 2 Blackburn 1,
Everton 3 Newcastle 1, Manchester City 3 QPR 2,
Norwich 2 Aston Villa 0,
Stoke 2 Bolton 2
Sunderland 0 Manchester United 1,
Swansea 1 Liverpool 0,
Tottenham 2 Fulham 0
West Brom 2 Arsenal 3,
Wigan 3 Wolves 2.
Barclays Premier League Final Point Standings
Man City 89
Man Utd 89
West Brom 47
Aston Villa 38
Get the latest happenings: Follow us on Facebook
@sportingalert on Twitter Follow us for the latest news and starting line-ups on Twitter
Incoming search terms:
- premier league final standings (25)
- barclays premier league final standings (10)
- premier league final standings 2012 (5)
- Barclacy premier league table (1)
- 2012 final premier league rankings (1)
- points standing in the barclacy premier legue (1)
- manchester city carry the crown of last barcrays premier legue for which difference with manchester united? (1)
Powered by Facebook Comments