No.1 and defending champion Lindsey Wilson has been eliminated from the 2012 NAIA Men’s Soccer National Championship after losing to No. 12 Belhaven (Miss.) on Friday.
Belhaven defeated the top ranked Lindsey Wilson 1-0 in the semifinals to set-up a final contest with the winner of Mobile (Ala.) and MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) game, which will be later today.
Belhaven advances to play in its second-ever National Championship final tomorrow (3 p.m. CST). They are 1-0 all-time in the National Championship final and won the 1992 title.
The defeat means that Lindsey Wilson, who won last year’s and runners-up Hastings (Neb), which suffered defeat earlier in the knock-out stage, are both eliminated from the championship.
Lindsey Wilson falls to 9-4-0 all-time in the semifinals.
For complete information on the national championship, click here
2012 NAIA Men’s Soccer National Championship – Semifinal No. 1 – Montgomery, Ala. – Nov. 30, 2012
No. 12 Belhaven (Miss.) (18-4-1) def. No. 1 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) (22-2-0), 1-0
Get the latest happenings: Follow us on Facebook
@sportingalert on Twitter Follow us for the latest news and starting line-ups on Twitter
- Golden State v Pelicans Game 1: Box Score, Video Highlights - 2015/04/18
- Rose Ready To Go, Hinrich OUT: Bulls v Bucks Live Playoffs - 2015/04/18
- Chelsea Start Favourites To Beat Manchester United? - 2015/04/17
- Transfer: Clyne To Man United Done Deal? - 2015/04/16
- Pacers-Wizards on TNT; Clippers-Suns on TNT Overtime - 2015/04/14