NEW YORK (Sporting Alert) — The Los Angeles Lakers are apparently dismissing claims that club legendary Magic Johnson played a part in Mike Brown being fired as head coach after a poor start to the season.
Johnson, at times has been critical of Brown and his style of coaching, and reports had suggested that the former Lakers star was involved in the decision to sack him.
However, members of club have denied those reports.
Lakers got off to a sloppy 1-4 start to the season under Brown, who on Friday received the news that he’s no longer needed.
Former coach Phil Jackson is currently leading the way to replace Brown, with reports claiming that members of the club met with the experienced coach on Saturday to discuss his possible comeback.
Get the latest happenings: Follow us on Facebook
@sportingalert on Twitter Follow us for the latest news and starting line-ups on Twitter
Incoming search terms:
- magic Johnson (34)
- All-Star Celebrity Game, Rising Stars Challenge Live on ESPN and TNT - 2015/02/13
- AP Basketball Top 25 Poll: Kentucky is unanimous No. 1 again - 2015/02/02
- NFL Conference Championship Live TV Channels and Scores - 2015/01/18
- College Bowl Game Results, Box Scores on Dec. 31 - 2015/01/01
- Brooklyn holds on for 109-107 win at Boston - 2014/12/26