(Sporting Alert) Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has decided to move around his defenders once again with Michael Dawson coming back into the starting team for the Barclays Premier League game at Sunderland.
Dawson, who is named captain of the side will play alongside Steven Caulker at center back, with Jan Vertonghen dropping to the bench and William Gallas not not included in the squad altogether.
Jermain Defoe, Gareth Bale and Emmanuel Adebayor all kept their places as Tottenham seeks to join Chelsea on 37 points.
Sunderland manager Martin O’Neill in the meantime, made one change to the side that defeated Manchester City with the ineligible Danny Rose making way for John O’Shea, who is back from illness.
Sunderland vs Tottenham Teams
Sunderland: Mignolet, Gardner, Kilgallon, O’Shea, Cuellar, Larsson, Colback, Johnson, McClean, Sessegnon, Fletcher. Subs: Campbell, Wickham, McFadden, Vaughan, Dong-won, Bramble, Westwood.
Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Naughton, Dawson (c), Caulker, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe. Subs: Dempsey, Vertonghen, Huddlestone, Parker, Sigurdsson, Livermore, Friedel.
Get the latest happenings: Follow us on Facebook
@sportingalert on Twitter Follow us for the latest news and starting line-ups on Twitter
- Golden State v Pelicans Game 1: Box Score, Video Highlights - 2015/04/18
- Rose Ready To Go, Hinrich OUT: Bulls v Bucks Live Playoffs - 2015/04/18
- Chelsea Start Favourites To Beat Manchester United? - 2015/04/17
- Transfer: Clyne To Man United Done Deal? - 2015/04/16
- Pacers-Wizards on TNT; Clippers-Suns on TNT Overtime - 2015/04/14