By Mark Morrison, Contributor | SportingAlert.com
Published on March 16, 2013 8:42 p.m. CST . 0 comment
MANCHESTER (Sporting Alert) — Manchester United are reportedly ready to offload midfielder Anderson in the summer as the Brazilian continues to find it difficult to impress the coaching staff on the big stages.
Injuries and poor form have left Anderson struggling to find his best form and Manchester United are apparently looking to move into a different direction.
Paul Scholes is expected to retire at the end of the season, while Ryan Giggs’ playing time is expected to be fewer next season, and manager Sir Alex Ferguson is hoping to strengthen his midfield with some quality.
It is believed that Anderson’s inconsistency on the pitch and his fitness level, has disappoint the coaching staff and the manager, who are now prepared to let the Brazilian leave.
Reports are also saying that the former Porto star, who joined Man United six-years-ago, would be willing to move back home as the likes of Carrick, Shinji Kagawa and Tom Cleverley are all ahead of him for first team football.
Meanwhile, wingers Nani and Ashley Young are also said to be on the list of players on their way out this summer.
Nani is yet to sign a new contract deal, while Young has lost the form that made him a United first team starter when he moved to the Barclays Premier League leaders two few seasons ago.
Manchester United hold a 15 point lead over defending champions Manchester City in the race for the Barclays Premier League title. Anderson started was later subbed out after a poor outing in the middle of the pitch.
Get the latest happenings: Follow us on Facebook
@sportingalert on Twitter Follow us for the latest news and starting line-ups on Twitter
- Sneijder would to join Manchester United over PSG, says agent
- Berbatov scores hat-trick in Man United’s 5-0 win over Birmingham
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Scholes back Hart dropped: Man United v Man City
- Reports: Manchester United Plotting January move for Alen Halilovic, Sime Vrsaljko
- Juventus Star Pogba: No regrets over Manchester United exit
- ENGLISH FA CUP-Rooney to start for Man United v Chelsea
- No. 5 Cardinal Stritch Upsets No. 1 Jamestown, 76-54 – NAIA DII Women’s Basketball
No. 5 Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) pulled the second upset
- Edward Cheserek upsets Lawi Lalang in 5,000m – NCAA Indoors
Oregon freshman Edward Cheserek ended Arizona's Lawi
- No. 1 Northwestern cruise past Huntington, 92-68
No. 1 Northwestern (Iowa) rebounded from is first
- Southeastern stuns defending champions Cardinal Stritch, 71-70
Dwayne Johnson electrified the crowd with a
- Big 12 basketball semi-finals: Kansas v Iowa State Live on WatchESPN
Big 12 Conference regular-season champion Kansas
- Indiana Wesleyan Beats Oklahoma Wesleyan – NAIA DII Men’s Basketball
No. 5 Indiana Wesleyan earned an 87-75 win over
- No. 7 College of the Ozarks upsets No. 3 Mayville State, 92-87
Seventh-seeded College of the Ozarks (Mo.) played