By Mark Morrison, Contributor | SportingAlert.com
Published on March 16, 2013 8:42 p.m. CST . 0 comment
MANCHESTER (Sporting Alert) — Manchester United are reportedly ready to offload midfielder Anderson in the summer as the Brazilian continues to find it difficult to impress the coaching staff on the big stages.
Injuries and poor form have left Anderson struggling to find his best form and Manchester United are apparently looking to move into a different direction.
Paul Scholes is expected to retire at the end of the season, while Ryan Giggs’ playing time is expected to be fewer next season, and manager Sir Alex Ferguson is hoping to strengthen his midfield with some quality.
It is believed that Anderson’s inconsistency on the pitch and his fitness level, has disappoint the coaching staff and the manager, who are now prepared to let the Brazilian leave.
Real Madrid Croatian midfielder Luka Modric is again being linked with a move to Old Trafford with reports claiming that Anderson is the man set to make way.
Reports are also saying that the former Porto star, who joined Man United six-years-ago, would be willing to move back home as the likes of Carrick, Shinji Kagawa and Tom Cleverley are all ahead of him for first team football.
Meanwhile, wingers Nani and Ashley Young are also said to be on the list of players on their way out this summer.
Nani is yet to sign a new contract deal, while Young has lost the form that made him a United first team starter when he moved to the Barclays Premier League leaders two few seasons ago.
Manchester United hold a 15 point lead over defending champions Manchester City in the race for the Barclays Premier League title. Anderson started was later subbed out after a poor outing in the middle of the pitch.
Get the latest happenings: Follow us on Facebook
@sportingalert on Twitter Follow us for the latest news and starting line-ups on Twitter
- Sneijder would to join Manchester United over PSG, says agent
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Scholes back Hart dropped: Man United v Man City
- Berbatov scores hat-trick in Man United’s 5-0 win over Birmingham
- Reports: Manchester United Plotting January move for Alen Halilovic, Sime Vrsaljko
- Juventus Star Pogba: No regrets over Manchester United exit
- ENGLISH FA CUP-Rooney to start for Man United v Chelsea
- Oklahoma City Pulls Away For 92-84 Win Over Minnesota
OKLAHOMA CITY (Sporting Alert) -- Russell Westbrook
- Anthony Davis Pours In 32pts, Pelicans Beat Sixers, 99-74
Anthony Davis scored 32 points and finished with
- Jones, Okafor Help Earned Krzyzewski His 1,000th Career Win
Tyus Jones led four Duke players into double digit
- NAGICO Super50 Final Live on ESPN3 Online: T&T v Guyana
The Guyana Jaguars have won the toss and decided to
- Man United Named Strong Team For FA Cup Clash With Cambridge
Manchester United have named a very strong team to
- No. 8 Notre Dame Pulls Away For 85-60 win over Virginia Tech
Jerian Grant collected 18 points, seven rebounds and
- Ivory Coast v Equatorial Guinea Starting Teams; Live
(Sporting Alert) -- Ivory Coast gets its Africa Cup of