No. 22/21 Oklahoma State at No. 14/13 Oklahoma
Oklahoma Memorial Stadium (82,112 cap.)
TV: ESPN (Bob Wischusen, Danny Kanell and Maria Taylor)
Radio: Cowboy Radio Network (Dave Hunziker, John Holcomb and Robert Allen)
National Radio: ESPN Radio (Talent TBA)
Satellite Radio: Sirius Ch. 117, XM Ch. 190 The Final Road Swing
The last time these two teams met Oklahoma State came away with a stunning 44-10 victory in last year’s Bedlam game – a win that saw the university lifting its first Big 12 championship.
Oklahoma State is on the road for the final two games of the 2012 regular season, beginning Saturday in Norman where the Cowboys will battle the Oklahoma Sooners in a renewal of The Bedlam Series. Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m. The regular season concludes Dec. 1 at Baylor.
Oklahoma State will be trying to knock off a member of the Associated Press top 25 in two straight games. Last week the Cowboys picked up a 59-21 win over No. 23 Texas Tech in Stillwater. The Cowboys defeated ranked opponents in consecutive games to close the 2011 season with a Dec. 3 win over No. 13 Oklahoma and a Jan. 2 victory over No. 4 Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl. However, OSU hasn’t beaten top 25 opponents in consecutive weeks since 1976 when Jim Stanley’s Big Eight championship team defeated No. 5 Oklahoma and No. 10 Missouri on Oct. 23 and Oct. 30.
Back In The Association
Oklahoma State enters the Bedlam game No. 22 in the Associated Press poll. OSU takes the field as a member of the AP top 25 for the first time since it was ranked No. 18 heading into the Arizona game on Sept. 8.
• Under Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State is 33-11 when ranked in the AP poll.
• Oklahoma State is ranked for the 47th time in its last 59 games.
• OSU is 6-2 in its last eight games against the AP top 25.
• Mike Gundy is 13-16 against ranked opponents.
Oklahoma State is 18-81-7 all-time against Oklahoma. The Cowboys are coming off their first victory in the series since 2002.
• During the Big 12 era, Oklahoma State is 6-11 vs. Oklahoma.
• The Cowboys won in Norman in 2001, but have lost four straight at OU since then.
• Oklahoma State is 3-5 in its last eight trips to Norman.
• OSU hasn’t played at Oklahoma since 2009.
• Oklahoma State has scored 40-plus points against Oklahoma just five times ever. Three of those 40-point games have come in the last four meetings.
• Last year’s 44-point output against the Sooners was the highest total by the Cowboys against OU since 1945 when Oklahoma A&M picked up a 47-0 victory over the Sooners.
• OSU has scored 85 points in the last two games against the Sooners.
• The 10 points Oklahoma scored last year in Stillwater was the lowest output by the Sooners in the series since OSU’s 30-7 win in 1997.