BOSTON (Sporting Alert) — Lelisa Desisa of Ethiopia won the men’s title at the 117th edition of the Boston Marathon on Monday after pulling away from the field late in the race.
Desisa pulled away from the field with a big move in the final mile of the race to finish on top in 2 hours, 10 minutes and 22 seconds.
The victory saw the 23-year-old, who took first at the Dubai in his Marathon debut in January, becoming the first Ethiopian to win the Boston Marathon in over three-years, with Kenyan runners dominating since 2009,
Second place went to Micah Kogo of Kenya, who crossed the finishing line at 2:10:27, while another Ethiopian, Gebregziabher Gebremariam finished third in 2:10:28.
The top five was completed by Jason Hartmann of USA in 2:12:12 and Kenya’s Wesley Korir, who ran 2:12:30.
The women’s race was won by Rita Jeptoo of Kenya and she was picking up her second Boston Marathon victory.
Jeptoo ran 2:26:25 to take first place, finishing 33 seconds ahead of second-place finisher Meseret Hailu of Ethiopia.
Sharon Cherop of Kenya was third in 2:27:01, American Shalane Flanagan took fourth with 2:27:08, while Ethiopian Tirfi Tsegaye completed the top five with a time of 2:28:09.
Boston Marathon Top 10 Results
wann darf ich viagra nicht einnehmen key components literature review https://www.dimensionsdance.org/pack/1385-generic-viagra-store.html http://belltower.mtaloy.edu/studies/custom-dissertation-chapter-proofreading-websites-us/20/ click here cialis online express delivery buy online essay what to write for college essay cialis drug sample viagra essays changing family structure post catheter incontinence lasix useage college career essay genuine viagra online usa Buy cialis professional go site source url get link can't send verizon email from iphone 6 see usa essay writing service thesis example chapter 3 what transitions are appropriate for an order of importance essay generic viagra us pharmacy how can i get viagra in the uk see essays on deforestation 36 hour viagra source url over the counter viagra or cialis custom mba essay editor service usa https://www.myrml.org/outreach/photo-editing-services/42/ custom academic essay editor websites Men’s Top Ten Results
1. Lelisa Desisa (Ethiopia) 2:10:22
2. Micah Kogo (Kenya) 2:10:27
3. Gebregziabher Gebremariam (Ethiopia) 2:10:28
4. Jason Hartmann (USA) 2:12:12
5. Wesley Korir (Kenya) 2:12:30
6. Markos Geneti (Ethiopia) 2:12:44
7. Dickson Chumba (Kenya) 2:14:08
8. Jeff Hunt (Australia) 2:14:28
9. Daniel Tapia (USA) 2:14:30
10. Craig Leon (USA) 2:14:38
TOP 15 FINISHERS
11. Robin Watson (Canada) 2:15:33
12. Levy Matebo (Kenya) 2:15:42
13. Tomohiro Tanigawa (Japan) 2:16:57
14. Carlos E. Carballo (USA) 2:17:05
15. Lee Troop (USA) 2:17:52
Women’s Top Ten Results
1. Rita Jeptoo (Kenya) 2:26:25
2. Meseret Hailu ((Ethiopia)) 2:26:58
3. Sharon Cherop (Kenya) 2:27:01
4. Shalane Flanagan (USA) 2:27:08
5. Tirfi Tsegaye (Ethiopia)) 2:28:09
6. Kara Goucher (USA) 2:28:11
7. Madai Perez (Mexico) 2:28:59
8. Diane Nukuri-Johnson (Burundi) 2:29:54
9. Ana Dulce Felix (Portugal) 2:30:05
10. Sabrina Mockenhaupt (Germany) 2:30:09
TOP 15 FINISHERS
11. Diana Sigei (Kenya) 2:33:02
12. Mamitu Daska (Ethiopia) 2:33:31
13. Alemitu Abera (Ethiopia) 2:33:46
14. Yolanda Caballero (Columbia) 2:35:10
15. Stephanie Rothstein-Bruce (USA) 2:35:31