College football Bowl

College football bowl schedule on December 29

DALLAS, Tex., Sporting Alert – College football bowl schedule continues on Thursday, 29 December with three more games.

Top Bowl Game Highlight Day

Topping the lineups on the day is the high-profile clash between No. 10 Calorado and No. 12 Oklahoma State in the highest-ranked Valero Alamo Bowl matchup ever.

It is also the first time with both teams are ranked inside the Top 12 in this bowl game.

Kick-off from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Tex., will be at 9:00 pm ET with ESPN providing live television broadcast and WatchESPN making it available to stream online, smartphones and on other streaming devices.

After coming up short to play in the Rose Bowl, Colorado will look to close out what has already been a remarkable season with a victory against Oklahoma State in the Alamo Bowl.

The Buffaloes (10-3) won the Pac-12 South Division but were easily handled by No. 4 Washington in the conference championships, after losing 41-10.

“We’re excited about Colorado going to their first bowl game in 10 years,” said Buffaloes coach Mike MacIntyre. “It’s a chance for us to get the monkey off our back for the bowl games and it’s a lot of fun.

“Our kids will be excited about it. It’s going to be a heck of a football game with a great atmosphere.”

Oklahoma State, in the meantime, finished second behind Oklahoma in the Big 12 after losing to the Sooners in the last regular season game.

Prior to the defeat against the Sooners, the Cowboys (9-3) won seven straight and they will be looking to regain that form to close out the season.

WHO WILL WIN ALAMO BOWL?

According to ESPN’s Football Power Index, Colorado has a slight 50.6 percent chance to win versus Oklahoma State with the Cowboys holding a 49.4 percent chance.

Cowboys junior quarterback Mason Rudolph has passed for 3,777 yards and 25 touchdowns this campaign, but was held to a season-low 186 passing yards without a TD in the defeat to Oklahoma.

All eyes will be on Rudolph, as when he plays well, Oklahoma State does too.

“I like our attitude,” Cowboys head coach Mike Gundy said. “Both teams played in their conference championship game, and I’m sure they wanted to win just as much as we did.

“You go through a week or so after you lose to get the guys back up and going.

“Our first couple of practices were pretty average, but since that point the leadership and the chemistry of the team has taken over and we’ve been tremendous.”

Meanwhile, Colorado junior running back Phillip Lindsay rushed for career-highs 1,189 yards and 16 touchdowns this term and he will be looking to put the same kind of pressure on the Oklahoma State defense to close out the season.

Since 1920, Colorado and Oklahoma State have met 46 times across the Big Eight Conference and the Big 12 with the Buffaloes leading the all-time series, 26-19-1.

However, the Cowboys have won the last two meetings in 2008 and 2009.

Two other college football bowl games are also on the schedule for Thursday with the Birmingham Bowl and Belk Bowl both up for grabs.

At 2 pm and live on ESPN and streaming on WatchESPN from Legion Field in Alabama, South Florida and South Carolina will clash in the Birmingham Bowl.

This game will be followed by the Belk Bowl matchup between No. 22 Virginia Tech and Arkansas at 5:30 pm, also live on ESPN and streaming on WatchESPN from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.

College Football Bowl Schedule
Thursday, December 29

What: Birmingham Bowl
Who: South Florida vs. South Carolina
Time: 2 p.m., ESPN, WatchESPN
Where: Legion Field, Birmingham, Ala.

What: Belk Bowl
Who: Arkansas vs. No. 22 Virginia Tech
Time: 5:30 p.m., ESPN, WatchESPN
Where: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, N.C.

What: Valero Alamo Bowl
Who: No. 12 Oklahoma State vs. No. 10 Colorado
Time: 9 p.m., ESPN, WatchESPN
Where: Alamodome, San Antonio

MICAH DISNEY | Staff Writer

One of SportingAlert.com contributors and associated staff members. Disney is a free-spirited writer who enjoys sports and the San Antonio Spurs. Follow me on: Follow on Facebook and Twitter

View all posts by MICAH DISNEY | Staff Writer →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.