MANCHESTER (Sporting Alert) — Manchester United have been linked with a move for Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale, but Sky Sports Spanish football expert Guillem Balague says it won’t be happening.
Bale has been very impressive since joining Real Madrid from Tottenham two seasons ago and it is understood that Manchester United, who tried to sign him 18 months before he left White Hart, were again interested in the speedy attacker.
The Dailey Express reported last week that Bale was interested in a move back to the English Premier League and gave the “green light” to a reported £120m move back to the league with Manchester United in the summer.
However, Balague, who is one of the top Spanish football experts, doesn’t think this move will be happening, as he believes the Wales international is very happy playing with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, James Rodríguez, Isco and Karim Benzema at Real Madrid.
He said on his Twitter Account: On Bale: no truth in his departure to United.
“They are willing to and can spend looots but RM won’t sell and he’s more than happy in Madrid.”
In other Manchester United transfer news, it is being reported that manager Louis van Gaal is looking to splash more cash in January in his attempt to bring three more new faces to Old Trafford.
The Daily Star reported on Sunday that the veteran Dutchman could spend another £80m in the next transfer window, and wants to sign Benfica duo Enzo Perez and Nicolas Gaitan, and Roma’s Kevin Strootman as he push for a Champions League place come the end of the season.
Van Gaal is looking to freshen things up in his midfield and sees the likes of Perez and Strootman as two very good additions to strengthen his squad.
According to an insider, it is highly unlikely that the boss will try and sign all three players at the same time.