SAN FRANCISCO (Oct. 8) — The Golden State Warriors made an impressive early statement in their preseason opener, cruising to a 125-108 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday (7). The Warriors led by as many as 19 points, showcasing their depth as every player who entered the game posted a positive plus-minus.
Anthony Davis started strong for the Lakers, scoring nine of the team’s first 11 points. However, the Warriors’ early three-pointers, courtesy of the Splash Brothers, kept Golden State ahead.
The Warriors built an 18-point lead in the second quarter and extended it to 19 points in the second half after the starters took a seat.
- Anthony Davis led the Lakers with 15 points in just under 13 minutes.
- D’Angelo Russell and Max Christie also added 15 points for the Lakers, with Rui Hachimura ending with 12 points and seven rebounds.
- Jonathan Kuminga stood out from the Warriors’ bench, scoring 24 points in nearly 24 minutes.
- Moses Moody also had a productive performance off the bench with 15 points.
- Chris Paul, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson played less than 15 minutes each for Golden State.
- The LA Lakers played with LeBron James, who watched from the bench.
- Lakers: 46 rebounds, 21 assists, 10 steals, 7 blocks, 108 points
- Warriors: 61 rebounds, 27 assists, 11 steals, 8 blocks, 125 points
Odds and Betting: The Warriors were favored by -3.5 points and managed to cover the spread. The over/under was set at 220.5, and the game went over.
Upcoming Games: The Los Angeles Lakers will look to bounce back in their next NBA preseason matchup against the Brooklyn Nets on Monday (9), while the Golden State Warriors aim to continue their strong start to the preseason when they face the Lakers again on Friday, live on ESPN2.
AP NBA: More Information