Massive Cheers For Local Stars Anna Hahner and Lisa Hahner In Frankfurt.
FRANKFURT (Sporting Alert) — Vincent Kipruto broke away from a small pack and then battled home in the final stretch with fellow Kenyan Mark Kiptoo to win the BMW Frankfurt Marathon in a times of 2:06:15 on Sunday.
Kiptoo, who stayed with Kipruto when the pair separated themselves from a group of five runners, finished second in 2:06:16, while third place went to Elijah Kemboi, also of Kenya in a time of 2:07:34.
Feyisa Bekel was the first runner outside of the Kenyan party to cross the line with the Ethiopian taking sixth in 2:09:17.
The women’s race was won by Caroline Kilel, a Frankfurt champion in 2010 and she crossed the finishing line in 2:22:34. The time was a new personal best for Kilel.
She defeated Flomena Chepchirchir, who clocked 2:23:00 and Birhane Dibaba (2:23:01), both also running personal bests on their way to podium positions.
The biggest cheers on the women’s side and in fact, on the day came when home favourtite Anna Hahner of Germany cross the line in eighth spot with a time of 2:27:55. She actually was given her own take to break, even though she didn’t win.
Also getting a huge cheer was fellow countrywoman Lisa Hahner, who was 11th in 2:30:17.
Top 5 Men Results:
1. Vincent Kipruto KEN 2:06:15
2. Mark Kiptoo KEN 2:06:16
3. Elijah Kemboi KEN 2:07:34
4. Jacob Chesari KEN 2:07:46
5. Albert Matebor KEN 2:08:17
6. Feyisa Bekele ETH 2:09:17
7. Dino Sefir ETH 2:09:22
8. Lani Rutto KEN 2:10:01
9. Richard Sigei KEN 2:10:23
10. Abdellatif Meftah FRA 2:11:05
Top 5 Women Results:
1. Caroline Kilel KEN 2:22:34 (PB)
2. Flomena Chepchirchir KEN 2:23:00 (PB)
3. Birhane Dibaba ETH 2:23:01 (PB)
4. Mamitu Daska ETH 2:23:23
5. Eunice Jepkirui Kirwa KEN 2:23:45
6. Yeshi Esayias ETH 2:24:06
7. Tirfi Tsegaye Beyene ETH 2:26:57
8. Anna Hahner GER 2:27:55
9. Hilda Kibet NED 2:28:49
10. Maja Neuenschwander SUI 2:29:42
11. Lisa Hahner GER 2:30:17