No. 4 Duke and No. 5 Kansas square off in an early meeting between college basketball powerhouse as part of ESPN and ESPN Networks Tip-Off Marathon Tuesday night.
Duke vs. Kansas
State Farm Champions Classic
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013 (10:00 p.m.)
ESPN • Blue Devil IMG Sports Network • ESPN Radio • WatchESPN
Chicago, Ill. • United Center (20,917)
The Opening Tip
• Duke faces Kansas at the United Center in Chicago in the State Farm Champions Classic. The Blue Devils are 2-0 in the event with wins over Michigan State (2011) and Kentucky (2012).
• Duke is ranked No. 4 in both the AP and USA Today Coaches’ Polls. The Blue Devils are 55-11 all-time when ranked No. 4 in the AP Poll. Kansas enters the game ranked No. 5 in the AP Poll and No. 6 in the Coaches’ Poll.
• The Blue Devils are 23-12 under Coach K in matchups between top five teams in the AP Poll. Duke has won its last three games against top five teams when it has been ranked in the top five as well.
• Duke has been ranked in the top 25 of the AP Poll an NCAA-best 117 straight weeks. Kansas is second overall with 85 consecutive weeks ranked in the AP Poll.
The Last Time Out
• Duke opened the season with a decisive 111-77 home win over Davidson Nov. 8. The Blue Devils shot 70.4 percent from the field and knocked down 13 three-point field goals in the win.
• Rodney Hood and Jabari Parker paced the Blue Devils with 22 points apiece, while Quinn Cook (21) and Rasheed Sulaimon (20) also topped the 20-point plateau.
• Sophomore Amile Jefferson added 10 points to give Duke five double-figure scorers.
• Cook knocked down three three-point field goals and also had eight assists with no turnovers in the win over the Wildcats.
• Hood went 9-of-10 from the field in his Duke debut and also added a team-high nine rebounds and two blocks.
• Parker made his first five shots of the game and had 16 points in the opening half of play.