LONDON (Sporting Alert) — Manchester United and Real Madrid are reportedly negotiating a deal to bring star winger Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford this suffer.
Ronaldo has been heavily linked with a move back to the English Premier League champions all summer and according to the Daily Star, both the clubs “have spent the past 12 days negotiating an £80m package.”
Manchester United manager David Moyes revealed last week that the club’s main ambition is to strenghten the squad with quality players this summer and it is believed that the news boss in confident in the deals he and the EPL club is currently working on.
It is understood that Real Madrid are growing increasingly worried about the situation with the contract developments of Ronaldo, which is obviously showing in the Spanish giants’ bullish attempt to step up their interest in landing Gareth Bale from EPL side Tottenham before the transfer window closes.
The Daily Star also reported that Manchester United new chief executive Ed Woodward made contact with Real president Florentino Perez about Ronaldo, who is yet to put pen to paper on an extension to his current contract, which runs in two years.
Meanwhile, reports in the media have suggested that Real Madrid are reportedly prepared to make a world record bid of £100m to bring Bale to the Bernabau, a move several sources believe will go through.
Manager Carlo Ancelotti revealed that he will wait to see what happens with the Bale situation, but also said talks are ongoing.
“We will see what happens; it is between the two clubs,” said Ancelotti. “Right now our team is very strong and we will have to see what happens in the future.”
Bale reported to training as usual with Tottenham on Friday.
- Manchester United Transfer News
- Real Madrid Transfer News