How To Watch Washington Wizards vs. Philadelphia 76ers On Firestick, Picks & Predictions

Philadelphia, PA — The much anticipated NBA season opener between the Philadelphia 76ers and the Washington Wizards will finally get underway on Wednesday night when the pair battle at the Wells Fargo Center.

How To Watch Washington Wizards vs. Philadelphia 76ers Live On Firestick | OVER/UNDER 230.5 points

Fans can watch the game live on NBC Sports Philadelphia, as well as NBC Sports Philadelphia while you can listen to radio coverage on 97.5 The Fanatic/1500 AM. Live stream can also be followed via NBA League Pass and you can access this using several streaming devices, including the Amazon Fire TV, Firestick, or any smart devices.

The Philadelphia 76ers won two of the three matchups last season, including a 107-98 victory on Aug. 5. Wednesday night’s game tips off at 7 p.m. and the Sixers are starting as 7.0 point favorites.

According to ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, Philadelphia starts with a 59.7% chance of winning the game, while Washington starts with a 40.3% chance.

Doc Rivers & Russell Westbrook Making Debuts

The game will see coach Doc Rivers officially making his debut as the 76ers head coach, following his departure from the Los Angeles Clippers, while All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook – acquired from the Houston Rockets in exchange for John Wall in the offseason – will step out for the Wizards.

After being fired by the LA Clippers, Rivers was recruited by Philadelphia during the offseason to replace Brett Brown.

After struggling to form an effective partnership with James Harden in Houston, Westbrook is hoping to have a better understanding with All-Star Bradley Beal.

Dallas Mavericks vs. Phoenix Suns: How To Watch, Picks & Predictions

“Obviously, I’m not the easiest guy to understand, whatever, watch play, whatever people may think,” said Westbrook. “A lot of times, the things that are made up, people don’t actually know me to be able to say anything about me or what I’m about or what I believe in.”

Beal is also looking to mesh with Westbrook.

“I’m not going to judge Russ on his previous relationships with guys on other teams,” Beal said. “I want to be able to put my foot in his shoes and be in the moment. I want to experience these things for myself.”

Philadelphia finished last season with a 43-30 overall record and went 31-4 at home while averaging 110.7 points per game and gave away 108.4.

Washington finished 25-47 overall and won just nine road games to finish 9-27 away from home.

“We want to compete every night,” Wizards head coach Scott Brooks said. “We’ve added some really good players. We’ve added some toughness, we’ve added some size, we signed back one of the best shooters in the world in (Davis) Bertans.”

INJURIES: 76ers: None listed.

Wizards: None listed.

Leave a Comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.