Liverpool Reportedly Rejected 3rd Barcelona Bid For Coutinho

Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for forward Philippe Coutinho according Sky Sports News. The bid is worth up to £113m, the reports said.

Philippe Coutinho at Copa America

Philippe Coutinho getting ready to represent Brazil in the Copa America

LIVERPOOL, Sporting Alert — Liverpool are determined to hold on to Philippe Coutinho through this transfer window, following reports that the English Premier League side rejected another offer from Barcelona.

On Friday, Sky Sports News reported that Liverpool have rejected a third bid of £113m from Barcelona for Coutinho, who is pushing to leave Anfield.

According to Sky Sports News, the proposed fee from the Spanish club could have also increased to “£118m on Coutinho’s appearances at the Nou Camp.”

The Brazil international submitted a transfer request last week in an attempt to force through a quick move to the La Liga side.

However, Sky Sports News claimed Liverpool remain firm on the desire not to sell the club’s best player and immediately declined Barcelona’s new offer.

Coutinho is currently on the sidelines with a back injury, but the skillful forward will surely be unhappy about the decision made by the Reds management staff.

Liverpool have also rejected two previous offers worth £72m and £90.4m from Barcelona.

Media outlets in England are reporting that Barcelona are willing to pay as much as £130m for Coutinho.

It was only recently Barcelona general manager Josep Segura suggested that the Spanish giants were in advanced talks to sign the 25-year-old — comments which have angered Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp.

“I don’t know why other people are saying what they’re saying. I don’t even know him. I have never met him,” Klopp said this week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.