Newcastle United rejects Arsenal bid for Yohan Cabaye – Reports

LONDON (Sporting Alert) — Arsenal have made a bid for Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye, Sky Sports is reporting on Monday.

The Gunners have been inactive in the transfer window so far this summer, despite selling/releasing some 27 players who were members of the group last season.

Arsenal were beaten 3-1 by Aston Villa in their English Barclays Premier League opener on Saturday, even though they scored first, and angry fans are becoming more and more frustrated with the club’s static movement in the current transfer market.

This has forced manager Arsene Wenger to make a reported £10 million bid for French international Cabaye, an offer Sky Sports claimed has been rejected by Newcastle United, who valued the player for much for than that.

It is believed that Arsenal could return with an improved offer this week as Wenger look to strengthen his squad for another challenging season.

Arsenal are also said to be interested in Brazilian attacking midfielder Willian, who is floating around for a £30 million.

Fellow English Premier League rivals Liverpool and Tottenham are said to be the leading candidates for the Anzhi Makhachkala star player.

About REPORTING BY JEFF-BRODRICKS

Just like James, Jeff works hard at providing the best possible news and reports for football fans. Some of his work includes getting starting lineups and scores in England and around Europe.

View all posts by REPORTING BY JEFF-BRODRICKS →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.