In a high-entertaining encounter at the Bob Devaney Sports Center, the No. 4 Nebraska volleyball team secured a 3-1 victory against fellow ranked opponent, No. 16 Creighton, setting a new attendance record for the venue since its 2013 revamp.
The clash saw standout performances from Merritt Beason and Lindsay Krause, who led the Huskers to maintain their unbeaten run this season.
No. 4 Nebraska vs No. 16 Creighton
Key Stats and Players
- Merritt Beason: 17 kills, seven digs, three blocks
- Lindsay Krause: 12 kills, .478 hitting, three blocks
- Bergen Reilly: 42 assists, 11 digs, two aces
- Lexi Rodriguez: Match-high 14 digs
- Harper Murray: 10 kills
- Bekka Allick: Seven kills, .600 hitting
- Andi Jackson: Five kills, six blocks
- Laney Choboy: 10 digs, three aces
- Destiny Ndam-Simpson (Creighton): 13 kills
First Set: Nebraska dominated the opening set, outscoring Creighton 19-4 after an initial 6-5 lead to win 25-9. The Huskers’ offensive prowess was evident as they held Creighton to a -.290 hitting percentage.
Second Set: The Huskers continued their momentum, taking an early 4-0 lead. Despite Creighton’s attempts to close the gap, Nebraska extended their lead to 25-13, hitting an impressive .429 to Creighton’s .121.
Third Set: Creighton showed resilience, leading 15-14 at the media timeout. They managed to secure the set 25-23, marking Nebraska’s first dropped set of the season.
Fourth Set: Nebraska regained control, starting with a 4-1 lead. They eventually closed out the match with a 25-20 win in the final set.
Nebraska Volleyball Upcoming Fixture
Nebraska will next host Long Beach State at 7 p.m. on Saturday at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.