North Carolina Tar Heels basketball

AP Top 25, ESPN3 Schedule College Basketball: Dec. 17

LAS VEGAS, NV, Sporting Alert – College basketball AP Top 25 fixtures, ESPN3 schedule and TV channels on Saturday, December 17.

No. 7 Kentucky v No. 6 North Carolina

Leading the way is a Top 10 clash between No. 6 Kentucky and No. 7 North Carolina in the CBS Sports Classic at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas in Nevada.

Live coverage of this game will be on CBS, starting at 5:45 pm ET and there a slight surprise as to which team has been given the edge.

The Wildcats (9-1) enter the game on a two-game winning streak since being upset by UCLA, while the Tar Heels (10-1) have bounced back from the defeat to Indiana with three straight wins.

With the news that North Carolina junior point guard Joel Berry II is set to return to the starting lineup after missing the past two games with a sprained left ankle, ESPN’s Basketball Power Index has given the Tar Heels a slight edge.

According to the numbers, North Carolina has a 53 percent chance to beat Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 47 percent chance.

Berry has played nine games so far this season and is averaging 14.8 points, 3.8 rebounds and 4.7 assists.

Junior forward Justin Jackson leads the Tar Heels in scoring with 15.5 points per game through 11 outings.

Meanwhile, freshman Malik Monk leads Kentucky in scoring with 19.4 points per game, while sophomore guard Isaiah Briscoe is averaging 16.6 and freshman De’Aaron Fox is putting up 15.1 points, 6.9 assists and 5.4 rebounds.

No. 9 Indiana v No. 18 Bulter

Another all AP Top 25 clash will see No. 9 Indiana taking on No. 18 Butler in the sixth-annual Crossroads Classic in Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.

The Hoosiers (8-1) have won five straight heading into this fixture, while the Bulldogs (9-1) bounced back from the upset defeat against Indiana State with a 75-65 win over No. 22 Cincinnati.

ESPN’s Basketball Power Index gives Indiana the advantage over Butler, 57-43 on percent chance to win on Saturday.

More AP Top 25 Fixtures

No. 15 Purdue (8-2) and No. 21 Notre Dame (9-1) will feature in the other all AP Top 25 clash, which is also part of the Crossroads Classic.

In other games involving AP Top 25 teams, No. 3 Kansas will take on Davidson, No. 4 Baylor will put its undefeated record this season on the line against Jackson State, while No. 2 UCLA takes on a very talented Ohio State team in the other game of the CBS Sports Classic at T-Mobile Arena.

Elsewhere, fellow unbeaten team, No. 10 Creighton will take on Oral Roberts, No. 12 West Virginia hosts UMKC and No. 13 Virginia entertains Robert Morris.

AP Top 25, ESPN3 Schedule and Live Stream
Saturday, December 17

No. 19 Arizona vs Texas A&M 12:00 PM ESPN2, WatchESPN
Georgetown at Syracuse 12:00 PM ESPN, WatchESPN
Eastern Kentucky at No. 11 Louisville 12:00 PM ACCN, WatchESPN
Bucknell at Siena 12:00 PM ESPN3
Memphis at Oklahoma 12:30 PM CBS
No. 16 South Carolina at South Florida 1:00 PM
Manhattan at No. 23 Florida State 1:30 PM FS2
No. 21 Notre Dame vs No. 15 Purdue 2:00 PM ESPN2, WatchESPN
UMKC at No. 12 West Virginia 2:00 PM
NJIT at Temple 2:00 PM ESPN3
Western Kentucky at Detroit Mercy 2:00 PM ESPN3
Delaware State at Binghamton 2:00 PM ESPN3
Fairleigh Dickinson at No. 25 Cincinnati 2:30 PM ESPN3
Ohio State vs No. 2 UCLA 3:00 PM CBS
UL Lafayette at New Orleans 3:00 PM ESPN3
Western Illinois at Milwaukee 3:00 PM ESPN3
Loyola (CHI) at UIC 4:00 PM ESPN3
Northern Iowa at Iowa 4:30 PM ESPN3
Robert Morris at No. 13 Virginia 4:30 PM ESPNU, WatchESPN
No. 18 Butler vs No. 9 Indiana 5:00 PM BTN
No. 7 North Carolina vs No. 6 Kentucky 5:45 PM CBS
Jackson State vs #4 Baylor 6:00 PM
Southeast Missouri State at Missouri State 6:00 PM ESPN3
Oklahoma State at Wichita State 7:00 PM ESPN3
Davidson vs No. 3 Kansas 7:00 PM ESPN2, WatchESPN
Southeastern Louisiana at Toledo 7:00 PM ESPN3
St Francis (BKN) at Albany 7:00 PM ESPN3
Towson at UMBC 7:00 PM ESPN3
Marshall at Akron 7:30 PM ESPN3
Wake Forest vs #17 Xavier 8:00 PM FS1 Cintas Center,
Texas State at Tulsa 8:00 PM ESPN3 Reynolds Center, Tulsa,
UT Rio Grande Valley at Houston 8:00 PM ESPN3 Hofheinz
Oral Roberts vs No. 10 Creighton 8:00 PM FS2
Indiana State at Valparaiso 8:00 PM ESPN3
Mississippi Valley State at Grand Canyon 9:00 PM ESPN3
Troy at No. 24 USC 10:30 PM PAC12
UNLV at No. 22 Oregon 11:00 PM ESPN2, WatchESPN

MICAH DISNEY | Staff Writer

One of SportingAlert.com contributors and associated staff members. Disney is a free-spirited writer who enjoys sports and the San Antonio Spurs. Follow me on: Follow on Facebook and Twitter

View all posts by MICAH DISNEY | Staff Writer →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons